Please read this policy carefully before using MyHelpa and you may want to retain a copy for your records.
- This version was last updated on 6 August 2021.
- We are MYHELPA LIMITED, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 12003767 and whose registered office is at 7 Bell Yard, London, UK WC27 2JR (“MyHelpa” “we” “our” “us”).
- What is a cookie? A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device if you agree and contain information that is transferred to your computer’s or device’s hard drive (“Cookies”).
- By using our Platform, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. Please see below in respect of Cookies used on our Platform.
- All Cookies used by and on our Platform are used in accordance with the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly necessary These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Platform or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality These are used to recognise you when you return to our Platform. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting These cookies record your visit to our Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Platform and the advertising displayed on it (if any) more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Persistent Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit our Platform.
- Session Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit our Platform until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on our Platform are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below.
What Cookies Does Our Platform Use?
- For more specific details of the Cookies that we use, please refer to the table below. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
- Our Platform uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and Plerdy. Analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our Platform is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve our Platform and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Platform, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Platform, making it a better and more useful experience for you. The analytics service(s) used by our Platform use(s) the following analytics Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Duration||Strictly Necessary|
|_ga||First party cookie to distinguish unique users||Google Analytics||2 years||No|
|_gid||First party cookie to distinguish unique users||Google Analytics||24 hours||No|
|_ga_<container-id>||First party cookie to persist session state||Google Analytics||2 years||No|
Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of our Platform may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow and/or deny different categories of Cookie that We use.
- In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)